Outpatient Physical Therapy
The Department of Physical Therapy at Southwest Healthcare Inland Valley Hospital is dedicated to helping improve the quality of life for our patients by promoting and facilitating their optimal health and human potential. We work to achieve that goal by providing comprehensive patient evaluation and treatment, educating patients and families and consulting with other healthcare providers.
Physical therapy services are provided on an outpatient basis only. Staff members work with all medical disciplines, including neurosciences, orthopedics, gerontology, hematology, oncology and general medicine. Our clinical expertise and core values of compassion and respect demonstrate our firm commitment to providing the highest quality care for our patients.
Our staff includes physical therapists with specific expertise in various clinical specialties.
Schedule an Appointment
For physical therapy appointments, please call 951-677-9797. If you need a referral to a physician at Inland Valley Hospital, call our free physician referral service at 800-879-1020.
Patients admitted for outpatient care may have diagnoses including:
- Stroke (CVA)
- Brain tumor
- Orthopedic conditions
- Neurological/post-neurosurgical conditions
- Spinal cord injury
- Acute or chronic musculoskeletal conditions
- Sports injuries
- Orthopedic post-surgical care
- Chronic pain
- Neuromuscular disease
The Department of Physical Therapy provides a range of evaluative, preventative and rehabilitative services to those with impairments in physical functioning. Our staff provides patients with comprehensive evaluations, one-to-one education and functional training. Specific services include:
- Evaluation and treatment of patients with neuromuscular conditions
- Evaluation and treatment of patients with musculoskeletal conditions
- Evaluation and treatment of patients with neurological deficits following a stroke or intracranial surgery
- Training of amputee patients in preparation for and use of prosthetic limbs
- Biomechanical assessment of the lower extremities with fitting for orthotics
- Strengthening and instruction in functional activities for patients recovering from acute medical problems, trauma and surgical procedures
- Instruction of patients and caregivers in safe, effective function geared toward independence
- Instruction in self-care and home exercises to promote self-management of symptoms
- Evaluation and treatment of patients with chronic pain
- Consultation with other healthcare professionals regarding patients' requirement and potential for rehabilitation
- Community outreach and education on back care, posture evaluation and correction and falls prevention